Our funds generate alpha by taking advantage of
the structural inefficiencies that exist in the banking
Our funds generate alpha by taking advantage of the structural inefficiencies that exist in the banking system.
As a team of ex-bankers, Chrysalis Capital’s value proposition is simply that we have the experience and the ability to
- source attractive opportunities via existing networks with successful businessmen;
- legally structure and package credit opportunities for the optimal outcome;
- negotiate and price credit opportunities, given our knowledge of the market;
- implement investments in a thorough manner; and
- manage these opportunities towards an exit.
None of our funds use leverage.
THE CHRYSALIS CREDIT ARBITRAGE FUND
The Credit Arbitrage Fund was launched in August 2008, and has generated positive monthly returns since inception. The fund offers liquidity on 6 months’ or 12 months’ notice.
Chrysalis manages customized credit portfolios for large institutional investors. One such fund is the Special Opportunities Fund, which was launched in August 2011 and has generated attractive positively monthly returns since inception. The fund invests in transactions with terms ranging from 3 to 5 years, thus investors are required to have longer time horizons. The attractive opportunity set and superior risk-adjusted returns within this fund more than make up for the longer investment period. The recently launched Enhanced Yield Credit Fund is another example of such a customized Credit Fund.